Students who use AnyQuestions must provide their:
- first name
- year level
- school and
The AnyQuestions librarian assisting the student uses this information to tailor their response to the age and year level of the student.
During the chat session students are invited to submit their email address so they can receive a transcript of their session including links to the sites visited. The email address is not kept by AnyQuestions. No other personal information is collected.
Transaction information collected is for internal review only. We will never sell or share any personal information that we collect. All personal details submitted to AnyQuestions are handled according to the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020.
In the event of behaviour on AnyQuestions in violation of our Acceptable use policy AnyQuestions may use this information to either block students and/or contact the school from which the behaviour originated.
As well as transactional information, we gather statistical information on visitation to help us improve AnyQuestions and our services. This information is aggregated and does not identify individual students. It includes:
- the IP address
- the search terms used
- the pages accessed on our site and the links clicked on
- the date and time the site was visited
- the referring site (if any) through which the visitor clicked through to this site
- the operating system and device (e.g., Windows XP, Mac OSX, iPad)
- the type of web browser used (e.g. Chrome, Mozilla Firefox), and
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution, and the language setting of the browser.