Where can I find information about inventions?
ContentsGeneral websites Books
Entry last updated: 5/09/22
Inventions are anything new a person has made. People who invent things are called inventors. Inventions make it easier for people to do things. Everything we use was invented at some point in the past.
Here are some websites that have information about inventions.
There is lots of information on this website about inventions and inventors.
- Find the yellow box to do a search.
- Enter the word 'inventions' in the search box.
- Start with the article called Amazing inventions.
- Choose the picture of an invention that you want to learn about eg the Wheel.
- You can do the famous inventions quiz to test your learning.
Tips: Search words, or keywords, are the most important words in our question. Make your searches simple. Less words is better. Use the words 'inventions' or 'inventors'.
Britannica School is one of the EPIC databases. EPIC is a collection of resources for finding information that is put together especially for New Zealand Aotearoa school students. It's a very reliable place to find the answers to your questions.
- Find the yellow search box in the top right hand corner.
- Enter in 'inventions'.
- Look down the page, and choose the article inventors at a glance.
- Select the pictures to learn about some famous inventions.
- Down the page you can find lists of inventors. You can choose a name and see what they invented eg Alexander Graham Bell who invented the telephone.
Tips: To get to the EPIC resources you will need a password from your school librarian first. Or you can chat with one of our AnyQuestions librarian between 1 and 6 pm Monday to Friday online.
There are lots of great videos on this website which show you how things were made and created. You can choose to watch one that you find interesting,
- To search, select the little image of a magnifying glass on the far right of the list of topics.
- Enter 'inventions' into the search bar.
- A whole lot of videos will appear about many different things that have been invented!
- Choose something that interests you to watch like the invention of the lightbulb or photography.
See if your school or local library can help you find books on inventions.
Here are some to ask for:
- Inventions: a children's encyclopedia by John Farndon
- Inventions by Job Richards and Ed Simkins
- Now you know how it works by Valorie Fisher
- Truth or lie : inventors! by Erica S Perl.
SCIS no. 5402382
Inventors & inventions
Discover resources related to inventors and inventions.
Inventors and inventions
Where can I find information about different inventors and what they invented?
Where can I find information about New Zealand inventors and their inventions?